Georgia Annual Rainfall see below for individual cities
Georgia city precipitation totals
Avg Annual Precip
Avg Annual Snow
|Avg. # days of Precip||Avg # snow days||Avg # thunderstorm days||Avg # hail days||Avg # severe thunderstorm watches per year||Avg # tornado watches per year||# of tornadoes reported in county, 1960-2010|
Georgia Precipitation Records
- Driest location ranked by lowest annual average precipitation: Mount Vernon south central Georgia, 40.49"
- Wettest location ranked by highest annual average precipitation: Clayton, northeastern Georgia, 73,36"
- Snowiest location ranked by highest annual average snowfall: Clayton, northeastern Georgia, 6.1"
- State precipitation record for 24 hours - Americus, south central Georgia, 7/5-6/1994, 21.10" (Tropical Storm Alberto)
- State precipitation record for 1 year - Flat Top, northern Georgia, 1959, 122.16"
- State snowfall record for 24 hours - Mountain City, northeastern Georgia, 3/12-13/1993, 24.0"
- State snow record for 1 season - Diamond, northern Georgia, 1894-1895, 39.0"
- The odds of Georgia experiencing such devastating river floods that occurred during September 2009 was less than 1 in 500.
- During March 1960 Gainesville, Georgia received 17 inches of snow and reported at least a trace of snow on the ground for 22 days during the month. Snow was on roofs inHartwell, Georgia from the 2nd to the 29th