Connecticut Annual Rainfall and Climate Data, see below for individual cities
Avg Annual Precip
Avg Annual Snow
|Avg # days w/ Precip||Avg # thunderstorm days||Avg # hail days||Avg # severe thunderstorm watches per year||Avg # tornado watches per year||# of tornadoes reported in county, 1960-2010|
Connecticut Precipitation Data
- Driest location ranked by lowest annual average precipitation: Bridgeport, southeast Connecticut, 44.15"
- Wettest location ranked by highest annual average precipitation: West Hartford, central Connecticut 56.93"
- Snowiest location ranked by highest annual average snowfall: Norfolk, northwest Connecticut
- State precipitation record for 24 hours - Burlington, central Connecticut, 8/19/1955, 12.77"
- State precipitation record for 1 year - Burlington, central Connecticut, 1955, 78.53"
- State snowfall record for 24 hours - New Haven, southern Connecticut, 28.0", 3/12/1888
- State snow record for 1 season - Norfolk, northwest Connecticut, 177.4", 1955-1956
Data sources: National Climatic Data Center, severe thunderstorm / tornado watch data period is 1999 - 2008, NOAA Storm Prediction Center, Tornado climate data - NOAA Storm Prediction Center, State lightning flash density average - 1997-2011, Vaisala