Delaware Annual Rainfall and Climate Data, see below for individual cities
Delaware city precipitation totals
Avg Annual Precip
Avg Annual Snow
|Avg # days of Precip||Avg # thunderstorm days||Avg # hail days||Avg # severe thunderstorm watches per year||Avg # tornado watches per year||# of tornadoes reported in county, 1960-2010|
Delaware Precipitation Data
- Driest location ranked by lowest annual precipitation: Middletown, northern Delaware, 41.58"
- Wettest location ranked by highest annual precipitation: Wilmington Reservoir, northern Delaware, 49.02"
- Snowiest location ranked by highest annual snowfall: Wilmington, northern Delaware, 21.4"
- State precipitation record for 24 hours - Vernon, central Delaware, 9/15-16/1999, 12.36"
- State precipitation record for 1 year - Lewes, southern Delaware, 1948, 72.75"
- State snowfall record for 24 hours - Dover, central Delaware, 2/18-19/1979, 25.0"
- State snow record for 1 season - Wilmington, northern Delaware, 1995-1996, 59.4"
- August 1, 2009 through January 31, 2010 was the wettest period since record-keeping began for the state 115 years ago. Delaware received 34.65 inches of precipitation, more than a foot above the average of 22.04"
- Delaware temperature averages and extremes, precipitation and temperature data for all U.S. states and Top 10 U.S. climate extremes
Data sources: National Climatic Data Center, severe thunderstorm / tornado watch data period is 1999 - 2008, NOAA Storm Prediction Center
State lightning flash density average - 1997-2011, Vaisala, Tornado climate data - NOAA Storm Prediction Center