Indiana Annual Rainfall and Climate Data, see below for individual cities
Indiana city precipitation totals
Avg Annual Precip
Avg Annual Snowl
|Avg # days of Precip||
Avg # snow days
Avg # thunderstorm days
Avg # hail days
|Avg # severe thunderstorm watches per year||Avg # tornado watches per year||# of tornadoes reported in county, 1960-2010|
Indiana Precipitation Records
- Driest location ranked by lowest annual average precipitation: English, southern Indiana, 49.72"
- Wettest location ranked by highest annual average precipitation: Monroeville, northeast Indiana, 33.74"
- Snowiest location ranked by highest annual average snowfall: South Bend, northern Indiana, 76.6"
- State precipitation maximum for 24 hours - Princeton, southwest Indiana, 8/6/1905, 10.50"
- State precipitation maximum for 1 year - Marengo, southern Indiana, 1890, 97.38"
- State snow maximum for 24 hours - Seymour, south-central Indiana, 12/22-23/2004, 29.0"
- State snow maximum for 1 season - South Bend, northern Indiana, 1977-1978, 172.0"
- On 01/19/1987, a storm moving toward the northeastern U.S. produced up to 14 inches of snow in northern Indiana. Peru, Indiana received a foot of snow.
- Indiana temperature averages and extremes, Indianapolis climate extremes/averages, precipitation and temperature data for all U.S. states and Top 10 U.S. climate extremes
Data sources: National Climatic Data Center, severe thunderstorm / tornado watch data period is 1999 - 2008, NOAA Storm Prediction Center Tornado climate data - NOAA Storm Prediction Center
State lightning flash density average - 1997-2011, Vaisala