Nevada Annual Rainfall and Climate Data, see below for individual cities
Nevada city precipitation totals
|City||Avg Annual Precip||Avg Annual Snow||Avg # days of Precip||
Avg # thunderstorm days
|Avg # hail days||Avg # severe thunderstorm watches per year||Avg # tornado watches per year||# of tornadoes reported in county, 1960-2010|
Nevada Precipitation Records
- Driest location ranked by lowest annual average precipitation: Indian Springs, northwestern Nevada, 2.91"
- Wettest location ranked by highest annual average precipitation: Mount Rose, northwestern Nevada, 30.60"
- Snowiest location ranked by highest annual average snowfall: Marlett Lake, western Nevada, 241.0"
- State precipitation record for 24 hours - Cloverdale Ranch, southern Nevada,5/29/1896, 8.06"
- State precipitation record for 1 year - Mount Rose, northwestern Nevada, 1969, 59.03"
- State snowfall record for 24 hours - Hickman, southeastern Nebraska, 2/11/1965, 24.0"
- State snow record for 1 season - Daggett Pass, northwestern Nevada, 1968-1969, 412.0"
- The record at Las Vegas for consecutive days without measurable precipitation is 150 days, from 2/22/1959-7/21/1959 while the record for consecutive days with measurable precipitation is only 6 days, from 2/24/2003-3/1/2003
- From January through December, there are only 22 days when the daily precipitation record exceeds 1.00" at Las Vegas
- Although Reno averages 72 days of rain per year, it is usually very light and less than 1/2 inch. The city averages only 1 day per year with rainfall above 1/2 inch in one day
- Nevada possesses 22 of the Top 25 driest years for any state. The record driest year was 1929, when the state averaged only 4.88 inches of rainfall.