New Jersey Annual Rainfall and Climate Data, see below for individual cities
New Jersey city precipitation totals
|City||Avg Annual Precip||Avg Annual Snow||Avg # days of Precip||
Avg # thunderstorm days
|Avg # hail days||Avg # severe thunderstorm watches per year||Avg # tornado watches per year||# of tornadoes reported in county, 1960-2010|
New Jersey Precipitation Records
- Driest location ranked by lowest annual average precipitation: Atlantic City (Marina), southeastern New Jersey, 38.37"
- Wettest location ranked by highest annual average precipitation: Morris Plains, central New Jersey, 53.67"
- Snowiest location ranked by highest annual average snowfall: Sussex, northern New Jersey, 39.8"
- State precipitation record for 24 hours - Tuckerton, central New Jersey, 8/19/1939, 14.81"
- State precipitation record for 1 year - Paterson, northern New Jersey, 1882, 85.99"
- State snowfall record for 24 hours - White House, northwestern New Jersey, 3/6-7/1996, 35.0"
- State snow record for 1 season - High Point State Park, northern New Jersey, 1995-1996, 122.0"
- February 2010 was a remarkable month for snowfall in New Jersey. Most weather reporting stations experienced their heaviest monthly snowfall for any winter month in the past 130 years