Wyoming Annual Rainfall and Climate Data, see below for individual cities
Wyoming city precipitation totals
Avg Annual Precip
Avg Annual Snow
|Avg # days of Precip||
Avg # thunderstorm days
|Avg # hail days||Avg # severe thunderstorm watches per year||Avg # tornado watches per year||# of tornadoes reported in county, 1960-2010|
Wyoming Precipitation Records
- Driest location ranked by lowest annual precipitation: Lysite, central Wyoming, 5.11"
- Wettest location ranked by highest annual precipitation: Snake River, western Wyoming, 31.54"
- Snowiest location ranked by highest annual snowfall: Bechler Ranger Station, northwestern Wyoming, 285.0"
- State precipitation record for 24 hours - Cheyenne, southeastern Wyoming, 8/1/1985, 6.06"
- State precipitation record for 1 year - Grassy Lake Dam, western Wyoming, 1945, 55.46"
- State snowfall record for 24 hours - Glenrock, central Wyoming, 4/19/1973, 41.0"
- State snow record for 1 season - Bechler River, northwestern Wyoming, 1932-1933, 491.6"
- Wyoming is the seventh most earthquake-prone state in the nation
- Although Wyoming is the third driest state in the nation, Lander, Wyoming is the seventh snowiest city in the
U.S. with 102.5 inches of snowfall per year
- Cheyenne, Wyoming is considered to have the cleanest air in the nation, based on long-term particle pollution
Data sources: National Climatic Data Center, Severe thunderstorm / tornado watch data period is 1999 - 2008, NOAA Storm Prediction Center, Tornado climate data - NOAA Storm Prediction Center, State lightning flash density average - 1997-2011, Vaisala