New Hampshire Annual Rainfall and Climate Data, see below for individual cities
New Hampshire city precipitation totals
|City||Avg Annual Precip||Avg Annual Snow||Avg. days of Precip||
Avg # thunderstorm days
|Avg # hail days||Avg # severe thunderstorm watches per year||Avg # tornado watches per year||# of tornadoes reported in county, 1960-2010|
New Hampshire Precipitation Records
- Driest location ranked by lowest annual precipitation: Monroe, central New Hampshire, 36.12"
- Wettest location ranked by highest annual precipitation: Mt. Washington, north-central New Hampshire, 101.91"
- Snowiest location ranked by highest annual snowfall: Mt. Washington, north-central New Hampshire, 315.4"
- State precipitation record for 24 hours - Mt. Washington, north-central New Hampshire, 10/21-22/1996, 11.07"
- State precipitation record for 1 year - Mt. Washington, north-central New Hampshire, 1969, 130.14"
- State snowfall record for 24 hours - Randolf, northern New Hampshire, 11/23-24/1943, 56.0"
- State snow record for 1 season - Mt. Washington, north-central New Hampshire, 1968-1969, 566.4"
- Even during late May, Mount Washington can experience 10-foot high snow drifts. On average, winter winds exceed 100mph every 3 days. Mount Washington holds the world wind speed record of 231 mph, which occurred on April, 12th, 1934.
- All of New Hampshire's weather reporting stations average over 48 inches of snow per year